The CG-1000 master clock generator is based on a high-precision OCXO - Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator - with jitter management and glitch-free relocking for the best clock precision available. The CG-1000 is designedfor recording studios, live sound applications and professional musicians.
The crystal oscillator is the heart of the clock generator. In each model of the CG Series, an OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) is used for its high precision, and the fact it is not influenced by the temperature of the environment. Boasting a clock frequency precision of 0.01 ppm*1, which exceeds that of a TCXO (temperature-compensated crystal oscillator), this unit is key in the creation of high-precision synchronization systems - with word output frequency stability of 0.005ppm or less per day.
External clock jitter is reduced using an original TASCAM circuit design that incorporates a high-performance video clock generator engineered with a FPGA*2 and a PLL (phase-locked loop) circuit with a discrete filter. This enables a stable clock signal to be provided to the video/word outputs - improving system stability. The glitch-free relock circuit prevents noise and skipping sounds caused by master clock dropouts.
In addition to (12) word clock outputs and (4) video outputs, the digital outputs include (2) AES3/AES11 and (2) S/PDIF outputs, making this unit useful for large-scale audio/video synchronization systems, and a wide variety of other applications. Of the (12) word outputs, two also support x2Fs, x4Fs and 256Fs output - enabling them to be used in systems with ProTools and other DAW software.
Since crystal oscillators change over time, regular calibration is necessary. In order to avoid possible sync problems, timely inspections - along with regular maintenance is required. The CG Series has a self-correction function, enabling users to conduct maintenance using an external signal input*3 and simple operations.
Amphenol BNC connectors on the chassis use nuts for coupling - making them very durable, Also, a single circuit board is used for each connector - providing excellent resistance to the twisting and pulling of cables, and the suppression of interference between connectors.
The CG Series is the latest in the line of innovative TASCAM professional digital products - engineered with the latest digital clocking technology.
• Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
• External input connector that supports 10MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
• Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
• Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
• Numerous output connectors, including (12) word clock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale audio synchronization systems
• AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
• Analyzer function that can measure input frequencies
• Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting wordclock output levels
• Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS)
• *Use of the self-calibration function requires the use of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna
• Word clock performance up to 192 kHz
• Up to (4) system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
• Durable nut-coupling BNC connectors made by Amphenol
• Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
• Three-prong IEC power cable included
• Panel-lock switch can be used to prevent inadvertent changes to unit operation
• 128x64-pixel organic EL display with a wide viewing angle
• Firmware updates possible using the USB port
• EIA 1U rack mount size
• RoHS-compliant product
Tascam CG-1000 Master Clock Generator Reviews