The DP-008EX can supply phantom power for condenser microphones, even when operated with AA batteries.
(Notice: Operating time becomes shorter when used with phantom power supply. We recommend connecting TASCAM's BP-6AA or a power supply when using phantom power.)
Insert Effects for All Inputs
The DP-008EX is designed with insert effects for all input channels. Insert effects include EQ, compressor, de-esser and exciter. For Vocal recording, you can use the EQ to boost your desired frequency range, and compress your tracks to normalize your song.
2-Band Shelving EQ for Each Track
Demo songs need the same high-quality as final masters. The DP-008EX has adjustable 2-band shelving EQ for each track. The Hi-range EQ can be adjusted from 1.7kHz to 18kHz, and the Low-range EQ from 32Hz to 1.6kHz.
Built-in Reverb Effects
The DP-008EX has six different types of reverb to help find the ideal space for your song. It's simple to send to the reverb with dedicated control knobs for each track.
Reverb effects include: Hall1/2, Room, Studio, Plate1/2. Reverb time and master level can both be adjusted.
Built-In Mastering Effects
The DP-008EX's built-in mastering effects will provide high-quality master-like file creation without the need for external devices or software. The mastering effects include 2-band EQ, Multi-band compressor and a Normalize effect. Finalize dynamic and powerful-sounding mixes using the DP-008EX's mastering effects.
Auto Analysis Mastering Function For Easy Track Mastering
Anyone using the DP-008EX can easily master tracks with the Auto Analysis Mastering tool. In one step, select a mastering style, NATURAL or MAXIMUM, then the DP-008EX will calculate the best mastering sound based on analysis of the song data.
• Eight mono tracks
• CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
• Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
• Dedicated stereo master track available
• Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
• 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
• Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
• Two TS 1/4" or XLR mic/line inputs
• INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
• Phantom power supply
• Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
• Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
• 20mW/ch headphone output
• Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
• 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
• Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
• Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
• Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
• Auto analysis mastering function
• 2-band shelving EQ for each track
• Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
• Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
• Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
• Direct locate function by jog-wheel
• Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
• Track edit functions(COPY PASTE, COPY INSERT, MOVE PASTE, MOVE INSERT, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
• Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
• UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
• Chromatic tuner and metronome included
• High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
• Backup and restore songs
• File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
• Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
• 2GB SD card included