TASCAM's DP-004 Digital Pocketstudio is based on 30 years of easy-to-use cassette Portastudios, updated with four tracks of CD-quality digital recording. Like those groundbreaking Portastudios, a row of knobs set levels and pan instead of a list of menus.
The DP-004 can record two sources at once to the included 1GB SD Card. A built-in stereo condenser microphone makes it simple to record anywhere you go, perfect for concerts, rehearsals and songwriting inspirations. A pair of 1/4" jacks on the rear panel allow you to connect your own microphones or sources. You can even switch the inputs to guitar level for recording.
The DP-004 allows you to build up your arrangement until you've filled up all four tracks. The Bounce feature allows you to consolidate tracks and make room for more overdub layers. Track editing and undo is also available.
Mixing is also built into the Digital Pocketstudio. Once you set levels and pan, record your mix onto a dedicated stereo master track. You're able to transfer your tracks and mixes to a computer over USB 2 for CD burning and sharing online.
Despite its go-anywhere compact design - smaller than a paperback book - the DP-004 is simple enough for students, songwriters and musicians who want to keep their recording process simple and creative.Connections:
• Two 1/4" unbalanced mic/line inputs
• Switchable guitar input
• Headphone/Line output
• USB 2.0 connectorRecording:
• Four-track digital multitrack recording
• CD-quality 44.1kHz/16-bit WAV recording
• Records to SD Card media (1GB card included)
• Repeat, Record undo
• Dedicated stereo mixdown trackPhysical:
• Powered through AA Batteries or optional PS-P520 power adapter
• Battery life: About 8 hours recording, about 8.5 hours playback (alkaline batteries)
• Dimensions: 6.1" W x 1.3" H x 4.2" D (155mm W x 33.5mm H x 107mm D)
• Weight: 2.8 oz (360 g, w/o batteries)