Co-designed between TASCAM and Frontier Design Group, the FW-1884s DAW control capabilities include comprehensive mixing, automation, editing and navigation tools. In addition to its surface control capabilities, the FW-1884 provides eight balanced XLR analog mic/line inputs with high quality mic preamps, phantom power and inserts on every channel. Using 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters, the FW-1884 offers full 96kHz operation on all analog I/O channels with compatible DAW software. In addition to its two FireWire (IEEE 1394) computer interfaces, the FW-1884 gives users eight channels of ADAT lightpipe as well as stereo S/PDIF inputs and outputs. Perfectly suited to multi-channel surround production as well as standard stereo mixing, the FW-1884 provides eight analog outputs for simultaneous connection to L/R and 5.1 surround matrices. A headphone output is also provided.
Four MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs on the FW-1884 allow users to connect with a wide variety of MIDI sound generation and timing tools. Its Word Clock in and out jacks allow computer systems to maintain accurate clock synchronization in digital recording environments. Also, its assignable footswitch jack can be used for tasks such as hands-free punching or MIDI control. In use, the FW-1884 allows up to 18 audio inputs to be accessed at once. As a DAW controller, the FW-1884 is compatible with a wide variety of popular applications including MOTU Digital Performer", Steinberg Cubase", Steinberg Nuendo", Cakewalk Sonar", and more.
* Comprehensive mixing, automation, editing and navigation tools for DAWs
* Eight 100mm motorized touch-sensitive channel faders, one master fader
* Dedicated controls for pan, solo, mute and select functions on each channel; tactile control for four bands of parametric EQ
* Shortcut keys for various popular audio software applications
* Eight balanced XLR analog mic/line inputs with high quality mic preamps
* Phantom power and inserts on every channel
* 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters; full 96kHz operation on all analog I/O channels with compatible DAW software
* Eight channels of ADAT lightpipe, stereo S/PDIF inputs and outputs.
* Eight analog outputs, allowing connection of L/R and 5.1 surround matrices
* Dedicated headphone output
* Four MIDI inputs, four MIDI outputs
* Word Clock in and out jacks
* Assignable footswitch jack
* Up to 18 simultaneous inputs
* Compatible with a wide variety of popular DAW applications
* Also available: FE-8 (eight-channel sidecar) expands FW-1884 with eight additional channel control strips.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|