TASCAM's HS-8 is the first solution for professional multi-track recording and playback to solid-state media. From studio surround recording to post production playback of HS-P82 location recordings, the HS-8 fits a variety of multitrack roles first pioneered by TASCAM's DA-88 recorders.
Also true to TASCAM tradition, audio is top-quality throughout with up to 192kHz/24-bit recording.
Like the HS-P82, the HS-8 uses a color touch-screen interface to access settings and tracks. A mixer is built in for monitoring, and the stereo mix can be recorded live as a separate track. Audio is recorded as Broadcast WAV files to Compact Flash media, with SMPTE timecode available on various interfaces. A pair of CF card slots is available for data mirroring or continuous recording. The RC-HS20PD remote control allows operation from a separate room over RJ-45 connection.
TASCAM's HS-8 is the perfect DTRS successor, with the instant access, ease-of-use and sound quality studio and post professionals demand.
* 8-channel solid-state audio recorder
* Records to Compact Flash media
* 8-channel 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file recording
* 4-channel recording at 192kHz/24-bit resolution
* 8-channel recording plus stereo mix track at 44.1/48k resolution
* Internal stereo mixer (level/pan)
* BWF file format with iXML metadata
* Multi-channel flash start
* Dual CF card slots for mirroring or continuous recording
* Color TFT touch panel interface
* 5-second pre-record buffer
* Cascade function for multiple unit operation
* (8) balanced analog inputs on 25-pin D-sub connector
* (8) balanced analog outputs on 25-pin D-sub connector
* XLR stereo analog input and output for channels 1 and 2
* (8) AES/EBU digital I/O on 25-pin D-sub connector
* XLR stereo AES/EBU I/O for channels 1 and 2
* 8-channel ADAT optical digital in and out
* Video/word clock BNC input
* Word clock BNC out/thru
* SMPTE timecode BNC in/out
* PS/2 keyboard input
* RS-422/RS-232C serial control input
* Parallel control port
* RJ-45 LAN control (10/100/1000) on locking connector
* RC-HS20PD Remote input
* USB 2.0 host connector for transfer to flash memory drive
* 1/4" stereo headphone output
Tascam HS-8 8-Channel Solid-State Audio Recorder Reviews