The iO Dock is the first device that enables anyone with an iPad or iPad 2 to create, produce, and perform music with virtually any pro audio gear or instruments. The iO Dock is a universal docking station specifically designed for the iPad and iPad 2, and it gives musicians, recording engineers, and music producers the connectivity they need to create and perform with iPad. Connect all your pro audio gear to virtually any app in the App Store with the iO Dock.
Songwriters, music producers and performers of all kinds will find that the iO Dock connects the iPad's powerful processor, touch-screen interface and extensive library of apps to their collection of microphones, instruments, professional speaker and PA systems, MIDI controllers, sound modules, video projectors and much more.
With the iO Dock and an iPad, musicians and producers can record, perform, craft and create music in virtually any situation or location. Built to accommodate all current app-development standards including Core MIDI, the iO Dock is a universal device that bridges your choice of music-creation apps, instruments, and devices.
The iO Dock provides microphone and instrument users with two combination XLR and 1/4-inch inputs, each with its own gain control and switchable phantom power for condenser microphones. Guitarists and bassists will appreciate the iO Dock's guitar-direct switch, enabling them to play, perform and record right into amplifier- and effects-modeling apps. Bands can connect outputs from their mixer and easily record their performances and rehearsals or use the iO Dock as a metronome or loop-playback device. Producers can use the iO Dock's MIDI jacks to sequence external keyboards, samplers, drum machines and synthesizers, or perform using the iO Dock as the sound module and their favorite MIDI-compliant keyboard, drum pad or other controller. An assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input enables remote control of any app-defined function such as stop/start or record. Users can also connect the iO Dock to their Mac or PC using the USB port to send MIDI back and forth for creative, new applications of the iPad and computer used in tandem.
Users can connect the iO Dock's stereo pair of 1/4-inch main outputs to studio monitors for critical listening, or to PA systems for use in performance settings. They can monitor on headphones, and independently control the levels of the two outputs, each on its own knob. Recording musicians will appreciate the iO Dock's direct-monitor switch, which enables them to toggle between the incoming and playback signal on their headphones. Rounding out the iO Dock's output section is a composite video connector, enabling users to employ the iO Dock as a source for video projection behind bands on stage, or for connection to most televisions and computer monitors.
The iO Dock was built for the real world. Whether you're keeping it in the safety of the studio or taking it out for recording or performance use in the club or on tour, the iO Dock will not only deliver the connectivity you need for audio applications, but it also serves as a rugged, protective case for the iPad. The iO Dock completely houses the iPad on the bottom and three side surfaces. It also encases the iPad's screen in a protective bezel on three of its four edges, further shielding the mobile computing device from the potential for damage in punishing environments.
The applications of the iPad for music creation, production, and performance are limited only by your creativity. As an imaginative, cutting-edge music maker, the iO Dock empowers you to seamlessly connect the world of pro audio gear and instruments to the iPad and the massive collection of apps.
• The only pro audio dock made for iPad and iPad 2
• Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
• Universal device works with virtually every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
• Perform, craft, create and play back music in virtually any conceivable manner or location
• Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
• Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4" for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
• Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
• Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modeling app
• Outputs: pair 1/4" and 1/4" headphone with separate volume controls
• Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
• iO Dock docking station for iPad
• Power supply
• Quick start guide
• 2 x XLR-1/4" Balanced TRS
• Individual gain controls
• Phantom power, switchable
• Guitar (high-impedance) switch on Input 2
• 2 x 1/4" Balanced TRS Main
• 1/4" TRS Headphone
• Individual level controls
• RCA Composite (requires compatible apps)
• MIDI In (DIN)
• MIDI Out (DIN)
• USB MIDI
• 1/4" Footswitch (function assigned by apps)
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|