The M1 Active's woofer and tweeter were specifically designed for the most linear, low distortion response in powered monitoring applications. Its 6.5" woofer cone is formulated from non-woven carbon fiber. It's a material that has been used for the skins of combat aircraft wings, since it offers high tensile strength and low weight. In fact, carbon fiber is 25% lighter than polypropylene (the most common driver material) and hence provides quicker transient response in the low frequency range for superb bass response as well as a vast improvement in the detail of critical upper-mid frequencies. The M1 Active's 1" tweeter dome is made of pure silk, which offers a natural response that aids in preventing ear fatigue during long mix sessions. It also features an internal pole piece mounted phasing plug and is ferrofluid cooled to maintain the best balance of transient response to power handling.
Two audiophile-quality amplifiers-a 75 watt woofer amp and a 25 watt tweeter amp-were developed for the M1 Active, along with 8th order high- and low-pass electronic crossover filters. The crossover point was carefully chosen at a low 1500Hz, and produces an extremely wide dispersion zone as well as low midrange coloration. Also, the special time alignment circuitry that's been added to the tweeter section of this crossover allows the output of frequencies from the high and low drivers to occur in perfect synchronization, avoiding the time smear that's typical in less advanced powered speakers.
In developing the M1 Active, the Alesis engineering team discovered that dual font-mounted ports provided the fastest, most coherent and extended low frequency augmentation. Also, the unique offset design of the high frequency driver allows for the flattest frequency and power response in a speaker that offers such wide dispersion. The M1 Active's attractive mirror-imaged, charcoal- toned cabinet and magnetically-shielded drivers allow for placement in close proximity with computer or video monitors, and offers the added benefit of blending beautifully into your studio's decor without being obtrusive. They may be mounted in either a horizontal or vertical placement to best fit your studio's requirements.
With the lineage of our TEC Award-winning Monitor Onet Studio Reference Monitor, Alesis speakers have already become a standard in project and professional studios around the world. If you're looking for the same great accuracy and detailed response in a powered system that's truly affordable, the answer is clear: the new M1 Active from Alesis.
• Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" non-woven carbon fiber with Santoprene surround and dual magnet shielded configuration
• High Frequency Driver: 1" silk dome with medium viscosity ferrofluid coolant and dual magnet shielded configuration
• Crossover: 1500Hz, 8th-order, 48dB/octave filters
Input Impedance: 20k_ balanced, 10k_ unbalanced
• LF Filter: 2nd order, "optimal Q" high pass, +1dB boost@50Hz
• LF Amplifier: 75 watts, 8_ load
• LF Amp Distortion:less than 0.03% thd @ 30w
lf amp slew rate:<>19V/sec
• LF Amp S/N Ratio: >110dB, ref. 60W @ 8_, A-wtg., 1kHz
HF Amplifier: 25 watts, 4_ load
• HF Amp Distortion:less than 0.06% thd @ rated power
• lf amp slew rate less than 9V/sec
• HF Amp S/N Ratio: >112dB @ rated output
• Frequency Range: 38 Hz - 23.5 kHz (-10dB point)
• Connectors: Combination XLR-1/4" jack with input level control
• Dimensions: (WxHxD) 8.5"x15"x9.75" (381mm x 216mm x 248mm)
|New - On Clearance|