The Axis 8 utilizes a novel coaxial design where the high frequency compression driver is mounted coaxially (at the apex) of the system's low-frequency driver. This designknown as coincident mountingensures a time and phase coherent output, which markedly improves definition and clarity. The coaxial driver design also reduces the cabinet height by more than 30% compared to conventional speakers, making for compact units with markedly reduced visual bulk for maximized audience sightlinesa critical consideration for live performances.
The Axis 8 uses 8" low-frequency drivers.
Denon DJ Axis 12 Features:
• High-power 2000-watt Class D digital bi-amplification
• Massive power, light weight and reliability
• Precision coaxial drivers
• Optimized music performance in a compact enclosure
• Long-excursion woofers deliver deep, punchy bass and high acoustic output
• Coaxially-mounted 1.75" high-frequency compression driver with 1" acoustic aperture
• Speakers' sound is propagated in a seamless, uninterrupted time envelope
• Coaxial design reduces cabinet height by over 30% vs. conventional speakers
• Uniform horizontal and vertical dispersion delivers optimum sound coverage
• On-board DSP controls an internal 5-band parametric EQ