• Jog wheel size: 12cm diameter (4.7") x 1.9cm height (0.75")
• Weight sensors, detecting the hand's weight on the wheel s top
• Great for scratching and seeking within audio tracks
2-deck & 4-deck control:
• 2 shift buttons turn deck A into deck C, and deck B into deck D
• 2-deck for standard DJ mixes, when mixing 2 audio tracks
• 4-deck mixing: double the controls when you mix 4 tracks
• ASIO & WDM for Windows
• Core Audio for Mac OS
• MIDI control: Windows & Mac
• Virtual DJ 7 LE included: 4-deck DJ mixing software:
• For Windows XP / Vista /7 / 8
• For Mac OS 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8
• Large jog wheels with pressure detection
• Same size as jog wheels on CD players:
-12cm (4.7") diameter: as large as a compact disc.
-1.9cm (0.75") height: as comfortable as on a CD player.
-2 large jog wheels you can't miss.
Pressure detection via weight sensors:
• Weight sensors detect the user's pressure by detecting the hand's weight, to activate scratch mode.
• Detection of the hand's weight activating the jog wheels' touch control is:
- natural: like on vinyl turntables and high-end CD players.
- secure: no disturbance from static electricity.
- intuitive: no need to calibrate.
Press down and the hand's weight moves the jog wheels down by 0.8mm:
• Press the jog wheel down: you feel that you're scratching.
• Move your hand up: you feel that you've released the jog wheel
Jog wheels' control over the DJ software:
• While the track plays, you control the DJ software with 2 actions on the jog wheel:
-rotation, to control movement within the track.
-press down to control scratching.
• Thus, during audio track playback:
-Rotation without pressing on jog wheels = pitch bend (like when you turn a turntable's ring).
-Rotation with pressure on jog wheel = scratch (as when turning a vinyl record with hand flat on the record).
-No rotation with jog wheel press = stop playback (like when you stop a vinyl record's rotation with your hand).
-No rotation without jog wheel press = playback continues.
Jog wheel accuracy:
• Rotation: 256 steps per revolution = 1.4 degrees per step.
• Press down: travel below 1mm.
- 2-deck control
• DJ Console 4-Mx Black controls 2 decks in the same way as DJ Console Rmx.
- 4-deck control
• DJ Console 4-Mx Black controls both 2 decks and 4 decks, with 2 buttons switching the decks:
• a deck switch button on the left deck converts deck A into C / deck C into A.
• a deck switch button on the right deck converts deck B into D / deck D into B.
- Once a deck is switched:
- all of the commands that the deck's controls send to the DJ software are changed.
- the letter of the active deck is highlighted in the center of the mixer.
- 2 stereo outputs
• 2 independent stereo outputs on the rear panel:
• 4 RCA connectors to connect to a stereo system, a recorder...
• 4 mono connectors in '' jack format to connect to a public address amplifier or speakers.
• A ground lift switch on jack outputs 1-2, to protect the sound in the event of a ground loop
• 1 headphones '' jack stereo output, located both on the top panel and on the front panel.
• The headphones play the same channels as outputs 3-4 on the rear panel.
The 2 ways of using DJ Console 4-Mx Black audio outputs are:
• For a mix inside DJ Console 4-Mx Black:
-connect the speakers/amplifier to outputs 1-2, to play the mix for your audience.
-connect headphones to one of the 2 headphone outputs (front or top), to preview tracks.
• For an external mix (using an external mixer - Virtual DJ Pro (not included) or other DJ software required):
-connect DJ Console 4-Mx Black outputs 1-2 to inputs 1-2 on the external mixer.
-connect DJ Console 4-Mx Black outputs 3-4 to inputs 3-4 on the external mixer.
-mix on the external mixer, and connect headphones to the external mixer.
-use DJ Console 4-Mx Black to control the virtual decks.
2 stereo inputs
• 2 independent stereo inputs via 4 RCA connectors:
-Select the audio source type in the DJ Console 4-Mx Black control panel: phono/consumer line/pro line/boost.
-Boost mode supports +8dBu signal level (for use with Pioneer CDJ players, for example).
-If the audio sources are vinyl turntables at phono level, connect the turntables' ground cables to the DJ Console 4-Mx Black grounding screw.
- 1 microphone '' jack mono input, located on both the top panel and the front panel.
• The microphone input can be set:
-as a talk-over source (default mode): the microphone is played on outputs 1-2 over the music in the background, using the music attenuation level set in the DJ Console 4-Mx Black control panel (0dB, -3dB, -6dB or -9dB).
-or as a standard source, replacing inputs 1-2.
- DJ Console 4-Mx Black pre-amplifies the microphone input by up to +34dB.
• Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx Black
• USB cable, transport bag, power adapter
• CD with PC/Mac DJ software
• Printed installation guide + online manual
• Computer CPU: 1.6 GHz or faster Intel CoreTM 2 Duo or AMD 64-bit
• 2 GB of RAM or more
• Powered USB port
• 100 MB available disk space
• CD/DVD-ROM drive
• Internet access
• Amplified stereo speakers and headphones
• Operating system (32/64-bit):
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7/ 8 or
• Mac OS 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|