2-deck DJ controller
• 2 jog wheels with pressure detection
• Velocity sensitive pads
Air control: 1 contactless control
Pressure-detecting jog wheels
• Scratch by pressing on the jog wheels, as naturally as with a vinyl record
• Jog wheels also control pitch bend and browsing within tracks
8 pads with velocity detection
• The pads control the sampler, loops and effects
• The inner backlight shows the pads' activation
• Pads can be set as binary On/Off controls, or gradual controls
Air control: a contactless sensor lets you control the mix from above, without even touching the device
• DJ Control Air converts the distance to your hand into a MIDI command
• No need to touch the controller: one command of the mix without any physical contact
• Compatible with all light conditions
Built-in audio outputs for mixing and previewing tracks
• 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack output for the mix
• 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack output for previewing tracks
• Air stands for Adjustment by InfraRed: it is a contactless control.
• The DJ places his or her hand flat over the infrared beam.
• The controller calculates the distance between the sensor and the hand, and converts it into a gradual MIDI command.
• This MIDI command modulates a setting in the DJ software.
Does Air control require specific light conditions?
• No, Air control functions under any light conditions.
• The infrared light beam projected towards the hand is invisible.
• The sensor captures the infrared reflection on the hand, and uses the reflection to calculate the hand's distance.
• The reflection is the same in both daylight and low light conditions, allowing Air control to be used during the day, at night or in places with weak lighting.
• Air control functions with all flesh tones. The only incompatibility is the use of black gloves (as the infrared sensor would not be able to detect the reflection).
• 2 sets of 4 pads control loops, sampler and effects commands.
• The DJ taps on the pads with his or her fingertips to send commands such as looping, sampler or effects.
• The pads light up when touched.
• In addition to a binary On/Off command, each pad can transfer velocity information to modulate the command.
• For example: in sampler mode, the velocity can control the volume of a sample's playback. The playback volume depends on how soft or how hard the DJ taps on the pad.
Pressure-detecting jog wheels
• The jog wheels detect the pressure from the user's hand.
• With scratch mode enabled, the jog wheels scratch when the hand's weight is detected, and stop scratching • when the hand's weight is no longer detected. This allows the DJ to:
-stop playback by pressing on the jog wheel.
-restart playback by lifting up his or her hand.
-scratch by turning the jog wheel while pressing down, and stop scratching by lifting up his or her hand.
-bend the pitch (if playback is on) / browse within tracks (if playback is off) by turning the jog wheels -using their outer ring, to avoid applying downward pressure.
-With scratch mode disabled, the jog wheels bend the pitch or browse within tracks when the jog wheels are turned, regardless of the pressure applied.
DJUCED DJ software
• Intuitive, powerful software
• Mix 2 audio tracks on the fly
• Save your mix as an audio file
• Casing: 13.78 x 8.66 x 1.18 "
• 35 x 22 x 3 cm
• Jog wheels: 3.94 " / 10 cm diameter
• Weight: 3.1 lbs / 1.4 kg
• USB cable: Attached
• Hercules DJ Control Air
• Installation CD-ROM (PC/Mac) with PC/Mac DJ software
• Printed installation guide + online manual
• Computer with 1.5 GHz CPU or faster
• 1 GB RAM or more
• Powered USB port
• 100 MB available hard disk space
• CD/DVD-ROM drive
• Internet access
• Amplified stereo speakers and headphones
• Operating System (32-bit / 64-bit)
• Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7
or Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 on Core Duo Mac