> 2-deck DJ controller with audio
> Great jog wheels for scratching
•Pressure detection: as intuitive for scratching as turntables
•Large diameter: 5.9"/15 cm
•> 750 steps per rotation
•Long range sensor > 11.8"/30 cm
•View meter for AIR sensor
Enclosure: 17.9 x 10.2" 45.5 x 26 cm
Jog wheels : 5.9"/15 cm
Weight : 4.4 lbs./2 kg
Master2 x RCA (line)
(ch. 1-2)1 stereo ?" jack
Monitor1 stereo " jack
1 stereo ?" jack
Mic In1 x " (balanced)
Why is the controller called DJ CONTROL AIR+?
"AIR" stands for Adjustment by InfraRed: it is a contactless control.
- The DJ places his or her hand flat over the infrared beam.
- The controller calculates the distance between the sensor and the hand, and converts it into a gradual MIDI command.
- This MIDI command modulates a setting in the DJ software.
Does the AIR control require specific lighting conditions?
No: the AIR control functions under any lighting conditions.
- The infrared light beam projected toward the hand is invisible.
- The sensor captures the infrared reflection on the hand, and uses the reflection to calculate the hand's distance.
- The reflection is the same in both daylight and low-light conditions, allowing the AIR control to be used during the day, at night or in places with weak lighting.
- The AIR control functions with all flesh tones. The only incompatibility is the use of black gloves (as the infrared sensor would not be able to detect the reflection).
2 sets of 4 pads control hot cues and samples.
- The DJ taps on the pads with his or her fingertips to send commands such as cue points or samples.
- The pads light up when touched.
- In addition to a binary On/Off command, each pad can transfer velocity information to modulate the command.
- For example: in sampler mode, the velocity can control the volume of a sample's playback. The playback volume depends on how soft or how hard the DJ taps on the pad.
Pressure-detecting jog wheels
The jog wheels detect the pressure from the user's hand.
- With scratch mode enabled ("Vinyl" button to switch on/off), the jog wheels scratch when the hand's weight is detected, and stop scratching when the hand's weight is no longer detected. This allows the DJ to:
- stop playback by pressing on the jog wheel.
- restart playback by lifting up his or her hand.
- scratch by turning the jog wheel while pressing down, and stop scratching by lifting up his or her hand.
- bend the pitch (if playback is on) / browse within tracks (if playback is off) by turning the jog wheels using their outer ring, to avoid applying downward pressure.
- With scratch mode disabled, the jog wheels bend the pitch or browse within tracks when turned, regardless of the pressure applied.
- Hercules DJ CONTROL AIR+
- USB cable
- CD with DJUCED 40(PC/Mac)
- Printed + PDF installation guide
- Computer CPU: 1.6 GHz or faster Intel CoreTM 2 Duo or AMD 64-bit
- 2 GB of RAM or more
- High-speed USB port (USB 2 or 3)
- 100 MB available disk space
- CD/DVD-ROM drive
- Internet access
- Headphones + active speakers
Operating system (32/64-bit)
- MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or
- Mac OS 10.6/10.7/10.8