The BX8a are the latest in the popular Studiophile series that delivers exceptional quality and professional sound at affordable prices.
The BX8a offer 8-inch low-frequency drivers, 1-inch high-frequency drivers, and 130 watts of bi-amped near-field technology at a fraction of the cost of other monitors of this quality.
Your monitors should be able to adapt to any changes in placement or work environment. That's just what the BX8a do. Since a monitor's bass response can change depending upon proximity to walls, the BX8a' Acoustic Space control section allows you to optimize their performance--no matter whether you need to put them on stands, on a bookshelf or in the corners. You can also adjust the high-frequency response to compensate for reflective surfaces like glass. The presence control gives you an automatic mid-range boost for added flexibility. There's even a variable low-frequency roll-off to optimize response at crossover points when adding a subwoofer like the Studiophile SP-8S.
The 1-inch natural silk high-frequency drivers employ a flush design and electronic time alignment with the low-frequency driver, resulting in controlled dispersion for superior three-dimensional imaging. The tooled rear Sub-Frequency Ports reduce low-frequency turbulence and optimize driver excursion for amazing bass in a small footprint.
• Type: Two-way near-field studio reference monitors.
• Low-frequency drivers: 8-inch magnetically shielded mineral-filled polypropylene cones, high-temperature tolerant voice coils and damped rubber surrounds.
• High-frequency drivers: 1-inch swivel-mounted natural silk domes incorporating magnetic shielding, ferrofluid and internal damping technologies.
• LF Amplifier Power: 65W (EIA RS-490 dynamic power).
• HF Amplifier Power: 65W (EIA RS-490 dynamic power).
• Crossovers: 4th-order Linkwitz Riley for smooth frequency response
• Crossover Frequency: 1.25kHz
• Low-frequency rolloff: 6th-order filter optimizes maximum driver excursion
• Input Connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced/ unbalanced
• Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
• Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10K ohms unbalanced
• Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, transient on/off, subsonic filter, external main fuse
• S/N Ratio: > 100dB below full output, "A" weighted.
• Frequency Response: 37Hz - 20kHz.
• Power indicator: Power on/off indicator on front panel.
• Power Requirements: 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz (selectable); power via detachable 3-conductor line cord.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
MAudio BX8a Studio Reference Monitors (PAIR) Reviews