Your monitors should be able to adapt to any changes in placement or work environment. That's just what the BX8a do. Since a monitor's bass response can change depending upon proximity to walls, the BX8a' Acoustic Space control section allows you to optimize their performance--no matter whether you need to put them on stands, on a bookshelf or in the corners. You can also adjust the high-frequency response to compensate for reflective surfaces like glass. The presence control gives you an automatic mid-range boost for added flexibility. There's even a variable low-frequency roll-off to optimize response at crossover points when adding a subwoofer like the Studiophile SP-8S.
The 1-inch natural silk high-frequency drivers employ a flush design and electronic time alignment with the low-frequency driver, resulting in controlled dispersion for superior three-dimensional imaging. The tooled rear Sub-Frequency Ports reduce low-frequency turbulence and optimize driver excursion for amazing bass in a small footprint.
• Type: Two-way near-field studio reference monitors.
• Low-frequency drivers: 8-inch magnetically shielded mineral-filled polypropylene cones, high-temperature tolerant voice coils and damped rubber surrounds.
• High-frequency drivers: 1-inch swivel-mounted natural silk domes incorporating magnetic shielding, ferrofluid and internal damping technologies.
• LF Amplifier Power: 65W (EIA RS-490 dynamic power).
• HF Amplifier Power: 65W (EIA RS-490 dynamic power).
• Crossovers: 4th-order Linkwitz Riley for smooth frequency response
• Crossover Frequency: 1.25kHz
• Low-frequency rolloff: 6th-order filter optimizes maximum driver excursion
• Input Connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced/ unbalanced
• Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
• Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10K ohms unbalanced
• Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, transient on/off, subsonic filter, external main fuse
• S/N Ratio: > 100dB below full output, "A" weighted.
• Frequency Response: 37Hz - 20kHz.
• Power indicator: Power on/off indicator on front panel.
• Power Requirements: 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz (selectable); power via detachable 3-conductor line cord.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|