The PRO1 breaks new ground for MIDAS digital consoles, featuring an all-new, lightweight aluminium frame and field-replaceable power supply. PRO1 is the first stand-alone MIDAS digital console and sets new standards of portability and performance for a compact digital console.
PRO1 is easy to configure and operate. Engineers who are new to MIDAS digital can relax, enjoy the PRO1's sample-synchronous audio quality, and mix from well within their comfort zone. Engineers already familiar with MIDAS can just load their existing show file straight into the PRO1, regardless of which MIDAS digital console it was created on, and carry on working.
PRO1 is a standalone mixing system, having 24 MIDAS mic inputs on the rear of the frame. The 3 AES50 ports can be used to increase the mic input count up to 96 by connecting additional hardware.
In addition to the PRO1's 40 primary input channels, PRO1 also features 8 aux returns, all of which feature 4-band MIDAS parametric EQ and insert points. These 8 aux returns can be used as returns for the PRO1's internal FX processors, or as additional mic channels, if sufficient mic inputs are available on the I/O hardware.
A total of 48 input channels have free routing to 27 phase-coherent mix buses, which comprise 16 user-configurable buses (mixes, subgroups or mix minus groups), and 8 matrix buses. The matrix buses source from inputs, as well as groups, and so can be used as 8 additional aux mixes (monitor mix and FX sends) which provides a total of 24 mixes (plus L, R & Mono) for monitor mixing duties. All buses can be linked as stereo pairs (except the mono bus).
As with all MIDAS digital consoles, the audio paths can be routed to multiple destinations and the console format can be reconfigured live on a scene-by-scene basis.
• 3 x 96 kHz AES50 ports, providing an additional 72 inputs and 72 outputs
• 24 integral mic/line inputs with MIDAS mic preamps
• 48 simultaneous input processing channels
• 24 analogue outputs (including 2 stereo local monitor outputs)
• 3 AES3 outputs
• 2 AES3 inputs
• 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix busses
• Up to 12 multichannel FX engines
• Up to 28 KLARK TEKNIK DN370 31-band Graphic EQs
• Full-colour 15" daylight-viewable display screen with DVI out
• 8 VCA (Variable Control Association) groups
• 6 POPulation groups
• 96 kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
• Field-replaceable power supply