Exceptional horizontal tracking ability
The new technology developed especially for the S-120 is called asymmetric suspension. This new suspension technology produces an amazing amount of vertical rigidity, while the horizontal tracking ability is increased to levels never before accomplished.
Despite the extreme rigidity of the asymmetric suspension, the horizontal tracking ability reaches an amazing 120m, allowing the stylus to move more freely than any other cartridge.
The S-120 gives you better groove handling ability at any speed or direction and it allows for a much higher level of performance at tracking forces even below 1.5 grams.
Reduced vinyl wear
The S-120 is perfectly suited for collectors of, for example, 12" dance singles, as vinyl wear is reduced to an absolute minimum.
The exceptional tracking ability of the S-120 stylus makes it possible to play the loudest pressings at a bare minimum of tracking force, and still keep record wear at a minimum level.
Even tracks deploying over-modulated bass frequencies can be played back at the lowest tracking force values and still keep record wear to a minimum level.
Easy setup and calibration
The asymmetric suspension technology in the S-120 virtually eliminates the need for setup and calibration. The S-120's performance is unrestricted by excess tracking force, greatly reducing the need to adjust it during a live gig.
The Ortofo-Serato S-120 is the ideal cartridge for playing back timecoded vinyl. The output voltage of the S-120 has been increased to 10.0 mV, yielding exceptional timecode performance and a high signal-to-noise ratio, when used with SL1 and SL3 interfaces. This gives you perfect and reliable control over your mixing and performance with software like Serato Scratch Live.
• Output voltage at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec. 10mV
• Channel balance at 1kHz 1,5 db
• Channel separation at 1Khz 20 db
• Channel separation at 15Khz 15 db
• Frequency range at -3db 20-18.000 Hz
• Frequency response 20-18.000 Hz +3/-2db
• FIM distortion at recommended tracking force DIN 45.542 < 1%
• Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 120m
• Compliance, dynamic, lateral 11m/mN
• Stylus type Spherical
• Stylus tip radius R 18 m
• Tracking force range 1,5 - 10,0 g (15-100mN)
• Tracking force recommended 4,0 g (40mN)
• Internal impedance, DC resistance 1680 Ohm
• Internal inductance 920 mH
• Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
• Recommended load capacitance 200-600 pF
• Cartridge color (body/stylus) Black/Silver
• Cartridge weight 18,5 g
• Replacement stylus unit Ortofon-Serato S-120
|New - On Clearance|