The 577B represents a significant improvement over most microphones with anti-noise features. Shaped frequency response, directionality, and distant sound discrimination contribute to total noise reduction. The microphone operates on the pressure-gradient principle and has two sound entry ports spaced a small distance apart.
The modular design of the 577B greatly facilitates field servicing. The cartridge, switch, and cable can be replaced in a matter of minutes, if necessary.
The 577B is built to withstand mechanical shocks, vibration, high temperatures, and humidity. The exclusive ARMO-DUR case is impervious to oil, grease, fumes, salt spray, sun, and corrosion. The "Million-Cycle" press-to-talk switch ensures years of reliable service.
A mounting bracket is supplied to provide convenient hang-up when the microphone is not in use.
* Frequency response tailored for close-talk operation.
* Extremely effective noise cancellation.
* Dynamic microphone cartridge.
* Modular design.
* "Million-cycle" leaf-type press-to-talk switch.
* TRIPLE-FLEX cable provides three to four times the flex life of most coiled cords.
* Rugged ARMO-DUR case .
* Built-in hang-up button and supplied mounting bracket.