Portable Keyboard with 61 piano sized keys. This keyboard is great for kids who are just learning to play the piano. A special song book w/ enhanced teaching system included.
The PSR175 has 100 built-in songs with Songbook for you to learn to play, using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
Three keyboard lessons for each hand:
• Timing mode: You can play the melody or chord by pressing any key using the correct timing.
• Waiting mode: Playback pauses until you find and play the correct chord or melody note.
• Minus One mode: Mute the left-hand, right-hand, or both parts of a song and play along nonstop.
• Lesson Grading monitors your progress as you practice each lesson.
• Chord Dictionary shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord name on the LCD screen.
• Bass Boost System
A special port on each speaker adds a powerful impact to bass sound reproduction.
• Stereo (Not just 2 Speakers)
We all know that stereo sound adds realistic character and spatial depth. But how can you tell if the portable keyboard you're looking to purchase is stereo or not? With Yamaha, the answer is simple. All Yamaha Portable Keyboards are true stereo.
Auto Accompaniment Styles:
In addition to the 100 songs mentioned above, the PSR175 also has auto accompaniment features that "follow" your playing. Simply select a style of music from the 100 built-in Styles (example Rock), play a single note or chord on the left side of the keyboard and play your melody on the right side. The PSR175 will create a backup band (bass, drums, strings, guitar etc.) and "follow" you through the song. You can play your songs and try different genres of music. It's both fun and entertaining.
16 Note Polyphony:
In computers, more memory is always better. In keyboards, it's polyphony. In electronic keyboards, the more sounds played at the same time, the more memory is needed. More polyphony is always better. 16 notes polyphony is adequate for a beginner's needs.
Voices and Multipads:
In addition to the Portable Grand mentioned above, the PSR175 comes with a selection of voices from you to choose from - a total of 100 in all. Just some of the great sounds you'll find in this keyboard are trumpets, violins, electric pianos, harpsichord, organ, guitars and bass guitar. You'll also find 4 Multipads buttons that access 10 banks of phrases and drum fills. Just press one (or more) of the Multipad buttons and it will play a musical phrase or drum fill that will match the music you're playing! Very cool.
The music pathway to your computer and the Internet is MIDI - Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It's the way that electronic musical instruments communicate with each other and computers. With this keyboard, you have access to thousands of MIDI sources on the Internet.
• Polyphony 16 notes (max.)
• Voices 100 AWM voices including Portable Grand (stereo sample)
• Control Foot Switch (optional)
• Effects Dual, Harmony, Echo, Split (included in Voice)
• Type 100 styles
• Multi-pad 4 Pads x 10 Banks, to play musical phrases and drum fills
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.2) Timing:
• Minus One
• Chord Dictionary
• DJ Mode Voices, Songs, Games:
• MIDI: IN/OUT: Musical Instrument Digital Interface lets electronic musical instruments work together.
Demo 100 Songs
• Speakers 12 cm x 2
• Output 2W x 2
• Dimensions (W x D x H) 36-2/3" x 13-3/4" x 5-1/16" ( 931 x 348.8 x 127.9mm)
• Weight 9 lbs. 11 oz. (4.4kg)
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Yamaha PSR-175 61 Key MIDI Keyboard Reviews