• Three keyboard lessons for each hand
Timing mode: You can play the melody or chord by pressing any key using the correct timing.
Waiting mode: Playback pauses until you find and play the correct chord or melody note.
Minus One mode: Mute the left-hand, right-hand, or both parts of a song and play along nonstop.
• Lesson Grading - monitors your progress as you practice each lesson.
• Chord Dictionary - shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord name on the LCD screen.
• Bass Boost System
A special port on each speaker adds a powerful impact to bass sound reproduction.
Stereo (Not just 2 Speakers)
We all know that stereo sound adds realistic character and spatial depth. But how can you tell if the portable keyboard you're looking to purchase is stereo or not? With Yamaha, the answer is simple. All Yamaha Portable Keyboards are true stereo.
16 Note Polyphony:
In computers, more memory is always better. In keyboards, it's polyphony. In electronic keyboards, the more sounds played at the same time, the more memory is needed. More polyphony is always better. 16 notes polyphony is adequate for a beginner's needs.
Voices and Multipads:
In addition to the Portable Grand mentioned above, the PSR172 comes with a selection of voices from you to choose from - a total of 100 in all. Just some of the great sounds you'll find in this keyboard are trumpets, violins, electric pianos, harpsichord, organ, guitars and bass guitar. You'll also find 4 Multipads buttons that access 10 banks of phrases and drum fills. Just press one (or more) of the Multipad buttons and it will play a musical phrase or drum fill that will match the music you're playing! Very cool.
The music pathway to your computer and the Internet is MIDI - Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It's the way that electronic musical instruments communicate with each other and computers. With this keyboard, you have access to thousands of MIDI sources on the Internet.
Don't forget your Survival Kit!:
Designed to provide you with everything you need to get started. Includes a two-year extended warranty, power adaptor, footswitch, stereo headphones and a CD-ROM. Look for it at a dealer near you.
• Polyphony 16 notes (max.)
• Voices 100 AWM voices including Portable • Grand (stereo sample)
• Control Foot Switch (optional)
• Effects Dual, Harmony, Echo, Split (included in Voice)
• Accompaniment Preset
• Type 100 styles
• Multi-pad 4 Pads x 10 Banks, to play musical phrases and drum fills
• Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.2) Timing
• Minus One
• Chord Dictionary
• DJ Mode Voices, Songs, Games
MIDI IN/OUT: Musical Instrument Digital Interface lets electronic musical instruments work together.
• Demo 100 Songs
• Speakers 12 cm x 2
• Output 2W x 2
• Dimensions (W x D x H) 36-2/3" x 13-3/4" x 5-1/16" ( 931 x 348.8 x 127.9mm)
|SKU||PSR172 WITH KIT|
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|