• Arranger Features: USB, extensive accompaniment control, powerful sound
• Sound Quality: 774 Voices, 22 Drum kits
• Regional content including regionally unique Voices and Drum Kits
• LCD displays lyrics, chords, notation
• Ease of operation: Mixer Function, Music Database, One Touch Settings, Registration
• 16-track sequencer & 64-note polyphony
• 3 Effects blocks: Tailor your sound
Other Great Features
Arranger Workstation features include USB, extensive accompaniment control, powerful soundPSR-S550B entry-level Arranger Workstation offers professional features like USB MIDI and storage, 16-track sequencing, 64-note polyphony, unique Regional Voices and Drum Kits and full XG compatibility, making it a wonderful addition to any serious musician's collection of keyboards. Like other Arranger Workstation keyboards, there are dedicated Registration, One Touch Setting and Octave buttons on the panel and Style and Voice category buttons to get you where you want to go quickly. Other pro features include Mixer Function for song playback, 3 Intros, 4 Variations and 3 Endings to the Styles, Style Creator function and great sounds from inherited Sweet!/Cool!/Live! Voices from the Tyros and PSR-S900/S700.
Sound Quality: large selection of realistic Voices
The PSR-S550B gives you the realistic voices you need to sound your best, drawing on some of the recent technologies of other Yamaha Arranger Workstation keyboards. You'll find a vast selection of 294 realistic instrument voices, 480 GM/XG Voices and 22 drum/SFX kits. Included is a selection of Regional Voices and Drum Kits (Chinese, Indian and Middle Eastern) and special piano, guitar, brass and flute Voices from Tyros, PSR-S900 and PSR-S700.
Just below the Voice category buttons are buttons that allow you to Split and Layer Voices, turn the Harmony, Touch and Sustain on and off, dedicated DSP button and Upper Octave transpose buttons.
LCD displays lyrics, chords, notation
Have you ever played a song and wondered what it would look like as sheet music? The PSR-S550B can display the score to a song whether it comes from the Internet, the internal selections or ones that you record yourself, and the pages scroll automatically when a song is played back. No more page turning! This is a great way to learn how to read music. And for singers, the screen also displays chords and lyrics to XF compatible songs.
Ease of Operation: Mixer Function, Music Database, One Touch Settings, Registration buttons
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day.
•Mixer function allows you to change track volume, panning, reverb and chorus during song playback
•Music Database (MDB): 600 complete keyboard setups by song title
•One Touch Settings: four factory recommended setups for each Style in the keyboard
•Registration Memory: digital snapshots of all of your keyboard settings (8 memory buttons x 8 banks)
•Transpose: easily transpose the keyboard and songs to the best key for you
•Metronome: useful for practice and for recording tracks to the built-in sequencer
•Tap Tempo: set the tempo for the next song exactly where you want it by tapping this button
16-track sequencer and 64-note polyphony
With the PSR-S550B, you have the equivalent of a built-in multi-track recorder to record one or multiple instrument parts at a time and assign each part to a different track. Sixteen tracks are provided to accommodate sophisticated melodies, chord accompaniment and rhythm parts. During playback, use the Mixer function to change track volumes and balance. And to keep you from running out of notes with all that great music playing, the PSR-S550B features 64-note polyphony.
Three effects blocks: tailor your sound
Whether it's a rotary speaker effect you're after or flange or overdrive guitar or just simple compression, the PSR-S550B offers the utmost in control over your sound. You'll find 35 Reverb, 44 Chorus and 237 DSP effects plus 26 Harmony and 5 preset types of Master EQ. The 237 DSP effects can be added to the Main, Dual and Left Voices.
Other Great Features
•Style Creator Function
Supports original Style production and editing of internal Styles, including using Regional Voices.
•2-Way Speaker System
Separate woofers and tweeters deliver sounds with clarity and precision for more lifelike instrument voices.
•Bass Boost System
A special port on each speaker adds a powerful impact to bass sound reproduction.
51 Functions provide a wide range of both detailed and overall instrument parameters, such as adjusting the tuning, setting the split point, and editing the voices and effects.
•LCD Contrast Control
Adjust the LCD Contrast control on the rear panel of the instrument for optimum display legibility.
•Mute Independent Song Parts
You can mute individual tracks of songs using the Registration Buttons during song playback
•Play Songs Saved to USB Flash Memory
When you press the dedicated USB button on the panel, you can dial up the song you want and simply press the PLAY button, allowing for quick changes in live environments.
• Color/FinishBody Color Black
• Size/WeightDimensions Width 946mm (37-1/4")
• Height 130mm (5-1/8")
• Depth 402mm (15-7/8")
• Weight Weight 7.5kg (16lbs., 9oz.)
• Control InterfaceKeyboard Number of Keys 61
• Type Organ Style
• Touch Response Yes
• Other Controllers Pitch Bend Yes
• Display Type Full Dot LCD
• Size 320 x 240 dots
• Color Monochrome
• Contrast Yes
• Score Display Function Yes
• Lyrics Display Function Yes
• Language English, Japanese
• Panel Language English
• VoicesTone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
• Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 64
• Preset Number of Voices 294 + 480 XG + 22 Drum/SFX Kits
• Featured Voices 11 Regional Voices, 8 Regional Drum/Percussion kits, 11 Sweet! Voices, 16 Cool! Voices, 13 Live! Voices
• Compatibility XG Yes
• GM Yes
• XF Yes
• EffectsTypes Reverb 35 types
• Chorus 44 types
• DSP 237 types
• Master EQ 5 Preset
• Functions Dual/Layers Voice layer (RIGHT 1, 2)
• Split Separate split points for Chord and Voice (LEFT)
• Panel Sustain Yes
• Mono/Poly Yes
• Accompaniment StylesPreset Number of Preset Styles 176
• Featured Styles 4 Arabic Styles, 2 Indian Styles, 2 Chinese Styles, 2 Mexican Styles, 3 Latin Styles and 1 Brazilian Style
• Fingering Multi / Full Keyboard
• Style Control INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, ENDING x 3
• Custom User Styles Yes
• Style Creator Yes
• Other Features Music Database 600 + External Files
• One Touch Setting (OTS) 4 for each style
• SongsRecording Number of Songs 5
• Number of Tracks 16
• Data Capacity Approx. 10,000 notes (when only "melody" tracks are recorded) Approx. 5,400 chords (when only "chord" tracks are recorded)
• Recording Function Quick Recording, Multi Recording
• Compatible Data Format Playback SMF (Format 0 & 1), Style File
• Recording SMF (Format 0)
• FunctionsRegistration Number of Butt
|New - On Clearance|