WebObjects gives developers a comprehensive suite of tools and frameworks for quickly developing standards-based web services and Java server applications.
A powerful rapid application development environment, backed by web service, data access, and page generation capabilities, extends the reach of developers and reduces the cost of ownership by ensuring flexible, maintainable design. WebObjects is the ideal way to develop, deploy, and extend powerful web services.
Develop applications quickly
• Provides a powerful integrated development environment.
• Allows you to create web services and three-tier Java server applications.
• Generates code-free prototypes in minutes.
Build web services dynamically
• Allows you to use or build standards-based web services without writing low-level SOAP, XML, or WSDL.
• Includes tools for code-free generation, configuration, and testing of web services from existing database assets.
• Integrates easily with services written in many languages, including Java, AppleScript, Perl, and .Net.
Access data automatically
• Reverse-engineers your database, modeling all tables, columns, and relationships
• Generates Java objects from JDBC and JNDI data sources, transparently handling data persistence, without the need to write SQL
• Provides database independence and simultaneous access to multiple databases
Generate pages seamlessly
• Efficiently generates HTML, XML, and SMIL from reusable templates.
• Offers a visual development environment to build data-driven web pages.
• Simplifies the process of automatically delivering content in multiple languages.
Deploy anywhere painlessly
• Allows you to deploy to virtually any J2EE server or use Apple's stand-alone Java application server.
• Provides easy scalability with built-in clustering support and low-cost licensing.
• Supports J2EE technologies including Servlet/JSP, EJB, RMI-IIOP, and JTA/JTS.
• Mac OS X v10.2.2
• Windows 2000 Professional SP3
• Mac OS X Server v10.2.2
• Windows 2000 Server SP3
• Solaris 8
• WebObjects 5.2 CD for Mac OS X
• WebObjects 5.2 CD for Windows 2000 and Solaris
• Developer Tools CD
• Overview guide, programming guides, and electronic documentation
• 256MB of physical RAM
• 1GB of available hard disk space
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Apple Web Objects 5.2 Web Services Software Reviews