The Apple Cinema HD is a stunning, all-digital, 23-inch flat panel display with 1920-by-1200-pixel resolution - enough to view high-definition (HD) content with room to spare.
The 23-inch Apple Cinema HD delivers enough resolution to support high-definition video content with room to spare, and it's ideal for color-critical work. The Cinema HD delivers superb color in resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 pixels. You can put it to work designing magazine layouts, editing film or analyzing complex molecules.
The Cinema HD features an active-matrix liquid crystal display that produces flicker-free images that deliver twice the brightness, twice the sharpness and twice the contrast ratio of a typical CRT display. Unlike other flat panels, it's designed with a pure digital interface to deliver distortion-free images that never need adjusting. With over 2.3 million digital pixels, the display is uniquely suited for scientific and technical applications such as visualizing molecular structures or analyzing geological data.
Its widescreen format and high resolution make this a perfect display for creative professionals. With room for viewing two full pages of graphics and text simultaneously, you can forget about wasting time scrolling through a document or toggling between windows. And you'll have plenty of room for tear-off menus, palettes, and toolbars.
Offering accurate, brilliant color performance, the Cinema HD delivers up to 16.7 million colors across a wide gamut allowing you to see subtle nuances between colors from soft pastels to rich jewel tones. A wide viewing angle ensures uniform color from edge to edge. Apple's ColorSync technology allows you to create custom profiles to maintain consistent color onscreen and in print. The result: You can confidently use this display in all your color-critical applications.
Housed in a new aluminum design, the display has a very thin bezel that enhances visual accuracy. The display features two FireWire 400 ports and two USB 2.0 ports, making attachment of desktop peripherals, such as iSight, iPod, digital and still cameras, hard drives, printers and scanners, even more accessible and convenient. Taking advantage of the much thinner and lighter footprint of an LCD, the new displays support the VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) mounting interface standard. Customers with the optional Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter kit gain the flexibility to mount their display in locations most appropriate for their work environment. The Cinema HD features a single cable design with elegant breakout for the USB 2.0, FireWire 400 and a pure digital connection using the industry standard Digital Video Interface (DVI) interface. The DVI connection allows for a direct pure-digital connection to Apple's latest aluminum Power Mac and PowerBook systems, as well as to Windows-based desktops If you're looking for an ideal display for your video, scientific, or graphics applications, we invite you to take a close look at the Apple Cinema HD Display.
• Unrivaled display performance
• 23-inch (viewable) active-matrix liquid crystal display provides breathtaking image quality and vivid, richly saturated color.
• Support for 1920-by-1200 pixel resolution for display of high definition still and video imagery.
• Wide-format design for simultaneous display of two full pages of text and graphics.
• Industry standard DVI connector for direct attachment to Power Mac PowerBook as well as • Windows-based desktops
• Incredibly wide (170 degree) horizontal and vertical viewing angle for maximum visibility and color performance.
• Lightning-fast pixel response for full-motion digital video playback.
• Support for 16.7 million saturated colors, for use in all graphics-intensive applications.
• Simple setup and operation
• Single cable with elegant breakout for connection to DVI, USB and FireWire ports
• Built-in two-port USB 2.0 hub for easy connection of desktop peripheral devices.
• Two FireWire 400 ports to support iSight and other desktop peripherals
Sleek, elegant design
• Huge virtual workspace, very small footprint.
• Narrow Bezel design to minimize visual impact of using dual displays
• Unique hinge design for effortless adjustment
• Support for VESA mounting solutions (Apple Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter sold separately)
Screen size (diagonal viewable image size)
Apple Cinema HD Display: 23 inches (viewable)
Thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display (AMLCD)
• 1920 by 1200 pixels (optimum resolution)
• 1280 by 800 pixels
• 1024 by 640 pixels
• Display colors (maximum)
• 16.7 million
Viewing angle (typical)
170 horizontal; 170 vertical
23-inch Cinema HD Display: 270 cd/m2
Contrast ratio (typical)
Response time (typical)
Contrast ratio (typical)
23-inch Cinema HD Display: 0.258 mm
User controls (hardware and software)
• Display Power,
• System sleep, wake
• Monitor tilt
Connectors and cables
• DVI (Digital Visual Interface)
• FireWire 400
• USB 2.0
• DC power (24 V)
• Two-port, self-powered USB 2.0 hub
• Two FireWire 400 ports
• Kensington security port
VESA mount adapter
• Requires optional Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter (M9649G/A)
• Compatible with VESA FDMI (MIS-D, 100, C) compliant mounting solutions
• Input voltage: 100-240 VAC 50-60Hz
• Maximum power when operating: 90W
• Energy saver mode: 3W or less
• Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F (10 to 35 C)
• Storage temperature: -40 to 116 F (-40 to 47 C)
• Operating humidity: 20% to 80% noncondensing
• Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
• FCC Part 15 Class B
• EN55022 Class B
• VCCI Class B
• AS/NZS 3548 Class B
• CNS 13438 Class B
• ICES-003 Class B
• ISO 13406 part 2
• MPR II
• IEC 60950
• UL 60950
• CSA 60950
• ENERGY STAR
• TCO '03
Size and weight
• 23-inch Apple Cinema HD Display
• Height: 17.4 inches (44.3 cm)
• Width: 20.9 inches (53.3 cm)
• Depth: 7.3 inches (18.7 cm)
• Weight: 15.5 pounds (7.03 kg)
• Requires Power Mac G4 or G5 with NVIDIA graphics or ATI Radeon 7500 graphics or better, or PowerBook G4 with DVI port. Requires Mac OS 10.2.8
• Compatible with Windows-based PC's supporting DVI ports with 165 MHz digital bandwidth. Supports VESA DDC standard for plug and play setup.
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
Apple 23 Cinema HD Display Reviews