The sleek exterior is as stunning as ever. The 15-inch PowerBook G4 comes with all the refinements and esthetic touches that make it the most coveted full-featured notebook computer on the planet: elegant aluminum construction, 1.1-inch thin design, slot-loading 8x SuperDrive and a brilliant illuminated keyboard. On the inside, a faster PowerPC G4 processor, a standard 5400-rpm 80GB or optional 100GB hard drive, powerful graphics, up to 2GB of RAM and Mac OS X.
Built for Speed
Inside the 15-inch PowerBook G4 is a screamingly fast 1.67GHz PowerPC G4 processor with Velocity Engine. Advanced processor design and memory architecture are among several core advantages that enable the PowerBook G4 to pack such a tremendous wallop.
Scrolling through web pages or large documents on a trackpad can challenge even the most nimble fingers. That's why every 15-inch PowerBook G4 features a new trackpad with scrolling capability. Just drag two fingers over the trackpad to scroll vertically and horizontally or pan around any active window. Change this feature to suit your needs: Customize your trackpad settings or turn off scrolling completely via System Preferences.
The 15-inch PowerBook now features an even brighter, futuristic backlit keyboard. Built-in light sensors automatically adjust keyboard illumination and screen brightness based on the available ambient light. You'll appreciate this breakthrough feature when you're working in a low-light environment such as an airplane cabin or conference room.
Handled with Care
Now the 15-inch PowerBook G4 is equipped with Apple's Sudden Motion Sensor to protect your most valuable asset: your data. The Sudden Motion Sensor senses change in axis position and accelerated movement. In the event of a drop or fall, the Sudden Motion Sensor instantly parks the hard drive heads so they won't scratch the disks on impact, lessening the risk of damage and improving your chances of retrieving valuable data. When the Sudden Motion Sensor senses your PowerBook is once again level, it unlocks the hard drive heads automatically.
The 15-inch PowerBook G4 comes turbocharged with the new ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR SDRAM. (And, if you feel the need for even more graphics speed, you can order your 1.67GHz PowerBook G4 with 128MB of video memory.) The Mobility Radeon 9700 features a number of cutting-edge graphics technologies, including programmable pixel and vertex shading for lighting and shadow effects. It dramatically enhances all aspects of your visual experience in every application.
Every 15-inch PowerBook comes standard with AirPort Extreme built right in, so you're ready for 54Mbps wireless networking out of the box. And with thousands of wireless-enabled "hot spots" in hotels, airport lounges, coffee shops and bookstores around the world, you can get online from practically anywhere. What's more, you can use your PowerBook G4, AirPort Extreme and Rendezvous (which seamlessly recognizes and links computers and digital devices to each other) to create your own secure wireless network.
Get to Know Bluetooth 2.0
In addition to AirPort Extreme, you'll also find Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (enhanced data rate) built into the new 15-inch PowerBook G4. Bluetooth 2.0 now lets you connect digital devices wirelessly up to three times faster than its predecessors. Use iSync, which comes bundled with all PowerBook G4 configurations, to synchronize your personal information among various Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as your PowerBook, mobile phone and Palm OS-based handheld. And Bluetooth 2.0 lets you take advantage of GPRS connectivity to check your email from anywhere a benefit that comes in handy on those occasions when an 802.11 wireless hot spot isn't available.
The PowerBook G4 features FireWire, for connecting external hard drives and DV cameras, and USB, for connecting graphics tablets, digital cameras, printers and scanners. And Apple ups the ante, effectively doubling data throughput, with FireWire 800. The 15-inch PowerBook G4 has two FireWire ports one for the hundreds of FireWire 400 peripherals already available and the other for the coming generation of FireWire 800 peripherals. In addition, the PowerBook G4 offers the fastest connection to USB peripherals with two 480 Mbps USB 2.0 ports.
Feel the Burn of 8x SuperDrive
Your PowerBook G4 with SuperDrive (DVDRW/CD-RW) comes loaded with iDVD software. Use it to burn DVDs that can be played in most consumer DVD players. Or use iTunes to burn your own CDs, or the Disc Burner feature in Mac OS X to burn data CDs and DVDs. The 8x SuperDrive reads DVD titles and burns DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs
• Processor: 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
• Memory: 512MB PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM, single SO-DIMM
• Display: 15.2-inch (diagonal), 1280 x 854 resolution, TFT widescreen
• Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 64MB of DDR SDRAM
• Hard Disk Drive: 80GB Ultra ATA/100; 5400 rpm
• Slot-loading Optical Drive: Combo drive
• Ethernet: Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
• Wireless: Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme; built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
• Software: Mail, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, GarageBand and iDVD(4)), iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Classic environment, Art Directors Toolkit, EarthLink TotalAccess (includes 30 days of free dial-up service with Earthlink activation), FileMaker Pro Trial, GraphicConverter, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, QuickBooks for Mac New User Edition, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, Xcode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Test
• Hardware accessories: Modem cable, power adapter, AC wall plug, power cord
Processor and Memory:
• 1.67GHz PowerPC G4 processor with Velocity Engine, 512K SRAM on-chip L2 cache, 167MHz system bus
• 512MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 2GB
• 60GB, 80GB or 100GB 5400-rpm Ultra ATA/100 hard drive with Sudden Motion Sensor (12-inch models)
• 80GB or 100GB 5400-rpm Ultra ATA/100 hard drive with Sudden Motion Sensor (15-inch models)
• 100GB 5400-rpm Ultra ATA/100 hard drive with Sudden Motion Sensor (17-inch model)
• One of the following slot-loading optical drives
Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW): reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed (12- and 15-inch models)
SuperDrive (DVDRW/CD-RW): writes DVD-R discs at up to 8x ZCLV, writes DVD-RW at up to
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|