Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller At a Glance:
• First DJ controller to integrate the new "Serato Flip" Hot Cue sequence operations with dedicated buttons for record and recall build quality
• Bundled with Serato DJ software featuring 4 decks, dual deck control, slip mode, sync-able sampler, and high-quality FX
• High accuracy jog wheels featuring CDJ-type on jog display including "Hot Cue Countdown"
• DVS functionality and ability to be used as a stand-alone 4-channel mixer to connect CDJs and/or analog turntables
• 8 velocity sensitive, multi-colored illuminated Performance Pads
Industry's first DJ controller to be support new "Serato Flip" function of "Serato DJ", and also includes specially designed operation control buttons
The DDJ-SX2 supports "Serato Flip", a new function of "Serato DJ" that records and calls up a maximum of six orders and intervals (sequences) of HOT CUE operations. Specially designed operation buttons are also included for one-touch recording and calling up, as well as intuitive rearrangement of musical development with repeated playback or skipping of parts of the music, etc.
Excellent operability emulating design concepts of professional DJ equipment
Design concepts with the excellent operability of Pioneer's professional DJ equipment have been incorporated in order to enable comfortable control of the diverse functions of DJ software.
"MULTI COLOR PERFORMANCE PADS" for dynamic performance and comfortable operation
Multicolored illuminations have been adopted on large pads for control of 8 types of "Serato DJ" function, including HOT CUE and SAMPLER. Pads' colors and lights make it possible to apply dynamic actions to the music, such as beats and drum rolls, while immediately grasping pad mode selections and performance statuses. Also, the volume of the sampler sound can be varied depending on the strength with which the pads are hit.
"4-CHANNEL MIXER" for individualistic performance by mixing multiple tracks
A "4-CHANNEL MIXER" is featured for DJ play using 4 tracks. The levels of each channel can be grasped instantly thanks to the arrangement of a master level meter in the middle of the mixer and channel level meters next to the control interface of each channel.
"BIG JOGS" for accurate JOG performance
Improved JOG reaction time has made it possible to perform scratching exactly as you wish. A new "HOT CUE COUNT DOWN" showing the time remaining until a HOT CUE has been added to the "ON JOG DISPLAY" in the middle of the JOG, which displays music playback status and position. By inputting a HOT CUE at the point for mixing or scratching performance, the timing until a performance can be checked.
Supports "Serato DJ" DVS* function and can even be used as a standalone 4-channel mixer
With four external inputs for connection of CD players, analog turntables and microphones, etc., mixing can be performed with without going via a PC/Mac, so the "DDJ-SX2" can even be used as a standalone mixer. There are also two MASTER OUT and one BOOTH OUT outputs for additional connection of various PA equipment. Furthermore, with support for the "Serato DJ" DVS function, a purchase of the separate "Serato DJ DVS Expansion Pack" it is possible to perform "Serato DJ" deck control with CDJs or analog turntables connected to the "DDJ-SX2".SERATO DVS UPGRADE READY*An abbreviation of Digital Vinyl System. This system plays music files stored on a PC/Mac in line with the play position/speed of a control disc (a CD/record compiling special signals for the control of DJ software).
Clear and powerful DJ sound faithful to the sound source
A low-jitter lock IC and high-performance DAC are adopted, and by making the most of our proprietary technology and know-how cultivated in the field of professional DJ equipment to design circuits and carry out tuning, a clear and powerful DJ sound faithful to the sound source has been realized.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller Other features
• Aluminum material used on top panel and JOG plate
• All buttons, knobs and soundcards feature "PLUG AND PLAY" with "Serato DJ"
• Cross fader curve can be adjusted to suit your preferences
• "FADER START" function enables deck play/cue operation with fader operation
• "NEEDLE SEARCH PAD" enables immediate movement to the desired playback point simply by touching the pad
• "SLIP MODE" function continues to play music in the background while playing LOOP/SCRATCH/HOT CUE, etc.
• Handle space on both sides convenient for installation
• Amplified mic input circuit with clear sound and zero distortion even with a high input sound level.
• The "TRAKTOR PRO 2" setting file will be released for supporting Native Instruments DJ software "TRAKTOR PRO 2" after mid-September at https://pioneerdj.com/support/.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Controller SPECIFICATIONS:
• Software: Serato DJ
• Input terminals: CD x 2 (RCA), combined LINE/PHONO x 2 (RCA), MIC x 2 (XLR&1/4 inch combined PHONE x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
• Output terminals: MASTER OUT x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1), BOOTH OUT x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, MiniPin)
• Other terminals: USB B terminal x 1
• Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
• Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% or less
• S/N ratio: 107 dB (PC)
• Supplied AC Adapter: Power source AC 100V 50/60 Hz, rated output DC5 V
• Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H inches): 26.14 x 13.91 x 2.77
• Unit Weight: 12.79 pounds
SERATO DJ SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Supported OS (Windows):
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 4GB
Supported OS (Mac):
Mac OS X 10.7.4/10.6.8
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 1GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 4GB
Display resolution: 1,280 x 720 or higher resolution
- Always a Winner Review by Ken
The DDJ-SX2 has been a standard since it came out. Once they fixed the microphone issue with the 2nd generation, this became the perfect controller at the right price! (Posted on 4/28/2016)