This is THE "How to" book in the industry. Written by the Editor of Mobile Beat Magazine, Bob Lindquist and Canadian DJ expert Dennis Hampson, Spinnin' 2000 is filled with information on how to become a better DJ. It covers everything about being a mobile DJ, from getting equipment, starting your music library, advertising, and even running multiple systems. A must for both new and experienced DJs!
Since 1987, over 5,000 DJs have turned to Spinnin' 2000 to learn from these experts and to fine tune their professional skills. Spinnin' 2000 has 11 chapters covering everything from buying equipment to running multi-system operations. It's an absolute must for the new DJ because you'll learn valuable information that can get you started right, and prevent you from making expensive mistakes.
Look at what's covered in over 200 pages of material:
* Buying and setting up your equipment.
* How to develop your music library.
* Programming and specialty music.
* Reading the crowd.
* Music buying tips.
* Lighting for the mobile DJ.
* Effects and lighting controllers.
* Lighting techniques.
* Marketing primer for DJs.
* Basic advertising and telemarketing.
* Publicity techniques. (For Advanced Marketing, get Turning Music Into Gold.)
* Running a tight board.
* Mixing and remixing.
* Troubleshooting your equipment.
* Avoiding equipment problems.
* Handling the crowd.
* Wedding reception tips and techniques.
* Music sets and sequencing.
* Common mistakes to avoid.
* Business tips.
* Bookkeeping and taxes.
* Multi-system management.
* How to recruit good DJs.
* Keeping employees happy.
* Setting up a training program.
* A look at the future of the DJ business.
Every one of these sections contains vital information... strategies and tactics that will help you succeed in this rewarding business. If you are serious about being a DJ, or you want to know more, Spinnin' 2000 is for you.
|Manufacturer||Pro DJ Publishing|
|Product Condition||New - On Clearance|
SPINNIN' 2000 Guide For DJs Book Reviews